If you’re feeling frustrated and discouraged because your efforts to serve others are not producing the desired result, then you are not alone! Perhaps you have been tirelessly volunteering your time, but still witnessing little impact. Maybe you have been pouring your heart into a cause, only to face constant setbacks and obstacles. Whatever the case may be, know that many others have experienced this same pain, and there is hope for a breakthrough in your journey of serving others.
Melissa Roberts is an incredible woman who has devoted her life to uplifting and nurturing others. As the founder and CEO of Rahab’s Women and Children Home in Griffin, Georgia, Melissa exudes compassion and a deep desire to create a better world. She is a dedicated wife, a loving mother of six children, and a strong advocate for the importance of good family values. Through her determination and sheer will, Melissa has implemented a twelve-month program for homeless mothers, equipping them with essential life skills. Her uncompromised dedication to instilling biblical principles and creating solid foundations for these families is truly inspirational.
**Since we recorded this episode Melissa has encountered an issue. They were set up by a nonprofit CEO to lease a house from him and things were going well. Then he passed away and God told Melissa it was time to find another home. Little did she know that only weeks later the new CEO would be asking them to leave so she could live in the home. She believes it is a God mission for his family to come together and help relocate the five families that live in Rahab’s. When she learned they had to move, she told God what she wanted, and He’s is doing it!
They immediately contacted a realtor friend in the area and two weeks later, a property surfaced that he thought would be perfect for us, and it is. It’s almost 5 acres, with two houses on the property that will house their families. But the houses need some work and Melissa is working on getting supplies and things donated and volunteer labor to get it ready.
So, they need financial help. Their move in cost is $4400 and, so they won’t have to deplete their account, they need to raise that amount plus moving cost and repairs in the home in order to make these homes into what they need for their Rahab families. If you feel led to give, would you please go to RahabsHouse.org to donate. You will be investing in women who are willing to work hard and want to create a better life for themselves and their families.**
Every individual, no matter their background or circumstances, deserves a life of abundance. We want to help shift their mindset and help them see themselves how God sees them, so they can create a sustainable lifestyle and bless the next generation. – Melissa Roberts
In this episode, you will be able to:
- Navigate the complex struggles confronting homeless mothers and their kids.
- Discover the potential of empowering women to foster positive life changes.
- Dive into the heart of homelessness – a deep exploration of trauma and toxic family settings.
- Grasp the essentiality of nurturing spaces in the lives of homeless mothers and children.
- Recognize the pivot role resource provision, guidance and support play in the lives of homeless mothers and their children.
Real-life challenges of homeless mothers
Homeless mothers grapple with multiple trials daily, including securing safe shelter, fulfilling nutritional needs, and providing essential care for their children. The constant struggle exacerbates their stress levels and often impedes their ability to take proactive steps toward self-improvement and financial independence. Melissa Roberts strives to alleviate some of these pains through her work at Rahab’s Women and Children’s Home, ultimately aiming to empower these mothers to reclaim their lives and move towards sustainable living.
The resources mentioned in this episode are:
- Visit the website of Rahab’s Women and Children Home in Griffin, Georgia to learn more about their mission and how you can support their efforts.
- Listen to Melissa Roberts’ podcast, Tea time with Melissa, Episode 34, to hear her interview Carol Roper.
- Shift your mindset from one of lack to one of abundance by actively practicing positive self-talk and gratitude.
- Educate yourself on the challenges faced by homeless women and consider ways you can help make a difference in your community.
- Take time to reflect on your own purpose and consider how you can make a positive impact in the lives of others.